League Play: March 31, 2021
April 1, 2021
I felt really good this week in league play. I had some physical pain in my left shoulder, but not very much. I managed to block it out fairly easily. What I felt, more than anything else, was ease. It felt easy. I didn't bowl spectacularly, but I bowled really very well in almost every facet of the game.
- Scores: 316-225-280=821. This was my first 800 triple of the season.
- Head pins: 6, including 2 in each game.
- The first 3 head pins came on spares.
- Middle hits: 31 out of 34 = 91%
- I hit the middle 21 consecutive times before missing twice in a row in the 10th frame of the second game.
- I had 8 strikes "in a row" if you count 6 strikes to end the first game and 2 to start the second.
- I'm not sure, but I think I spared all my corners.... Yup. 5/5.
I didn't find any new insights this time, but instead I put to use some of the things that I've been learning and practising over the past two months:
- Letting my fingers put good rotation on the ball, instead of trying hard to put good rotation on the ball.
- Putting the score out of my mind. I genuinely didn't even think about shooting that sixth strike at the end of the first game.
- Trusting my body to do the right thing: paying attention to the things that need to "feel right" instead of running down a checklist what I need to "do right".
I didn't even need to think "Yeah. That's how it always is." Even in that second game, when I suddenly stopped throwing strikes, I was still hitting the middle. I noticed that I'd lost the good feeling of my fingers on the ball, so I paid more attention to that. I shifted my awareness, but I didn't push hard. The strikes returned.
So that's it. I just let good things happen and they happened.
Now let's see whether that happens again.