League Play: February 17, 2021
February 17, 2021
Now that I'm home, I can really feel the muscle tightness in my neck and behind my left shoulder blade. I felt good stretching earlier today, I didn't notice any pain during my sitting meditation, but when the bell rang tonight, the pain started almost immediately. It gradually increased in intensity as the night went on. I have a consultation with a personal trainer Friday, thanks to an endorsement from Brad and Ryan Glynn. I hope that this personal trainer can help me understand what to do to remedy this problem.
Tonight I focused on being more aware of putting good rotation on the ball. I achieved my goal. I guess that I executed very well on this at least 75% of the time.
I didn't think about any other parts of my mechanics, so I didn't show great balance throughout the night; however, I noticed some very good overall mechanics at times. I'll pay more attention Friday to the overall shot: balance, lift, follow-through, finishing the shot through the pins.
I was imprecise, but better. The results don't reflect how well I bowled. It felt like a 720 (whatever that means).
- Triple: 678 (229-255-194)
- Triples: not sure. I didn't notice. (Nice, no?)
- Dubious Achievement: ended the night on 5 straight open frames, although I can blame only 2 of those on headpins.
- Spares: not many. I know I missed at least 4 corner pin spares and one cherried 3-pin on a chop spare attempt.
I had some absolutely gorgeous punches. There's nothing quite like hitting the dead center of a pin with 5"/3 lb 12 oz Aramiths. It makes a different sound and looks funny.
- Fairly soon I'm going to want to focus on precision shooting spares. Other than repetition, what tricks have you used to improve your spare shooting?